The annual spring Chili Cookoff to benefit Howard County’s own Bridges to Housing Stability fell victim to COVID cancellations, but not until after we had our own in-house contest and raised $269 for Bridges; winner Howard Hanson unfortunately did not have the opportunity to prepare his delicious “Chuckwagon Chili” recipe for the county-wide contest.
ASLC is participating in a newly-designed online challenge, with opportunities to both
- donate directly to Bridges via a link on our personalized page and to
- purchase chili meals (both meat-based and vegetarian) and adult beverages, to be picked up on Sunday afternoon September 13th.
A portion of the money raised by the purchase of food and drink will be added to our “virtual tip jar” on Friday 9/11, at the close of ordering.
Click here to participate (and to share the page with others via Facebook and Twitter)
Deadlines & Dates
- Ticket Sales for chili and beverages end at 12:00 on Friday 9/11
- Donations to our tip jar end at 12 Midnight on Friday 9/11
- The Virtual Auction (what used to be the silent auction) starts at 8:00 AM Sunday 9/6 at https://bit.ly/bridgesauction. (These do not count toward your tip jar.)
- Virtual Chili & Challenge Watch Party: 1:00 PM on Sunday 9/13/2020
- ASLC Chili Challenge Page: http://bit.ly/aslc4bridges
- Flyer for Chili Challenge: http://bit.ly/
Howard’s Chili Recipe!
With many thanks to Howard, here is the official ASLC Chili Recipe of 2020: The Howard Hanson Chuckwagon Chili: